- Mindworks Tuition makes every effort to ensure tutors’ profiles are updated though we do not guarantee accuracy, completion and reliability.
- Mindworks Tuition does not make any amendments to the information in our tutor database and we show it as it is to our clients.
- It is client’s responsibility to double-check the tutor’s qualifications and credentials on the first lesson to ensure satisfaction.
- Unless stated otherwise, the tuition will be conducted at the client’s residence. Other venues are subject to the tutors’ agreement.
- Please note that rates quoted on the website are to be used only as a guide and tutors’ quotes may vary depending on their qualifications and experience.
- For the first month, tuition rates are not changeable upon confirmation. They can be re-negotiated from the second month onwards.
- Mindworks Tuition reserves the right to amend the rates whenever required.
- Please contact Mindworks Tuition immediately if the tutor attempts to adjust the rate within the first month.
Tutor Performance and Change
- If necessary, tuition can be terminated at any point. Clients just have to pay the tutor for the lessons that were conducted, and Mindworks Tuition will help find a more suitable tutor immediately.
- There is no free trial lesson and each lesson is payable.
- Due to additional factors outside of Mindworks Tuition’s control, we cannot guarantee improvement in student’s results, although our tutors are expected to do so.
- Hence, if the tutor isn’t satisfactory, clients may request a change of tutor without additional fee. Please let us know in advance and ensure that the tutor is paid for the lessons conducted prior to termination.
- If tuition is terminated before completion of first month’s lessons, Mindworks Tuition will charge 50% of tuition fee for the lessons that were conducted as commission.
- The tuition commission can be paid via ATM transfer / Internet Banking / cheque / cash. Payment details will be made available in the electronic confirmation letter which will be sent via WhatsApp / SMS / email.
- It is free to register with Mindworks Tuition as a tutor. A tutor has to be a 18 years old or above Singapore resident.
- Tutors bear all responsibility for content posted, uploaded, emailed or made available via Mindworks Tuition’s website.
- Tutors are expected to provide accurate information regarding their qualifications. It will be verified by parents on the first lesson.
- Tutors are responsible for ensuring confidentiality of their profiles.
- Mindworks Tuition cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your registration as a tutor. Mindworks Tuition reserves the right to edit and remove content in your Tutor account or terminate accounts.
Contacting you for assignments
- You may receive a call/SMS/WhatsApp message for new assignments. However, Mindworks Tuition cannot guarantee that you will receive our message as it is dependent on your profile and clients’ preferences.
- Mindworks Tuition does not guarantee that you will be selected for the assignment after you have responded to our message for new assignments.
- If you are shortlisted, we will contact you for further discussion. If you are not selected, we have no obligation to get back to you.
First Lesson and Assignment
- Failure to turn up for the first lesson or any other reasons caused by you resulting in the cancellation of the assignment might lead to the termination of your tutor account. This will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- The client can stop the tuition at any time. You can expect to receive payment for any amount of lessons rendered unless the client is dissatisfied with the lesson.
- If the assignment is cancelled immediately after the first lesson for any reason, please refer to the next section on ‘Commission’ for the settlement of the commission.
- Mindworks Tuition is not liable for any unforeseen circumstances that may arise from the assignment.
- The tuition fees are fixed for the first month upon confirmation. No negotiation is allowed once the fees have been set.
- Mindworks Tuition will collect 50% of the first month tuition fee (assuming 4 weeks) as commission from the parent directly.
- If lessons are postponed during the first 4 weeks, the postponed lessons are still counted in the commission. For example, an assignment that requires 8 lessons every 4 weeks, if 1 lesson is postponed by the client or tutor, Mindworks Tuition will still collect 50% commission based on 8 lessons and not 7 lessons.
- If there are any changes to the frequency of lessons for the first month, the commission will be adjusted accordingly.
- Any attempt to avoid payment of the commission or unreasonable demands will result in the termination of your account.
- Mindworks Tuition does not allow installment plans.
- Cancellation by tutor: If tutor cancels the assignment after confirmation (i.e. client’s contact info and address has been given), tutor are required to compensate the commission which is equivalent to 50% of the first 4 weeks lessons as stated in the confirmation letter.
- Cancellation by client: If client cancels the assignment before the first month is completed, the agency commission will be 50% of the lessons conducted and it to be collected from the client. Any surplus will be paid to the tutor.
- Please be punctual.
- Provide student ample notice if there is to be a change of tuition time, unless due to sickness.
- Tutors are advised to utilize a syllabus to monitor changes and to update teaching subject regularly.
- Be patient with student.
- No physical contact with student is allowed.
- If tuition is done in tutor’s place, proper guidance must be given during the first lesson.
- Always deliver a full tuition session.
- Always put your student first.
- No verbal abuse is allowed.
- No vulgarity is allowed.
- Communicate regularly with clients to keep them updated of progress.
- While basic ethical rules have not been listed here, Mindworks Tuition expects all tutors to follow this unspoken code. This code contains such things as maintaining a respect for the well-being and success of your students.
Viewing and navigating our website is solely at your own risk. We will not be liable for any damage, loss and inconvenience resulting from usage and access of this site. We do not guarantee that our website and all related information or data are free of computer viruses or other harmful files.
Personal Data Protection Act 2012
- Starting from January 2014, the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions under the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) generally prohibits organisations from sending certain marketing messages (in the form of voice calls, text or fax messages) to Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, fixed-line, residential and business numbers, registered with the DNC Registry.
- Please be assured that Mindworks Tuition considers the privacy of your personal information a subject of utmost importance. Personal information includes but is not limited to your name, telephone number, handphone number, email address, home address as well as any information you have provided to Mindworks Tuition.
- By providing your personal information to us, you therefore give consent to receiving phone calls, SMSes or emails from our coordinators in the tuition-matching process. Mindworks Tuition knows you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
- If you decide to exclude yourself from our engagements and remove your personal information from our database, please contact us via WhatsApp/SMS.
- The value of the gift voucher is in Singapore Currency.
- The gift vouchers will be delivered by electronic means.
- Other offers and promotions do not apply when purchasing with gift vouchers.
- Only 1 voucher can be redeemed at the time of payment.
- The gift voucher is not refundable and cannot be replaced if lost, damaged, defaced, stolen, expired, and/or voided.
- The voucher, including any unused value cannot be exchanged for cash, kind, or other denominations.
- Except with the prior written consent of Mindworks Tuition, the gift voucher shall not be used for any business or commercial purposes (including, without limitation, in connect with any advertising, marketing or promotional materials) or in connection with any unlawful or fraudulent activities.
- Mindworks Tuition shall not be responsible for any claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses and/or liability of any kind whatsoever suffered, arising from or in connection with such unauthorized use.
- Mindworks Tuition reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time without priority notice.
- Every voucher has a valid period of 12 months.
Back to Home